- 1 cup (soaked overnight, rinsed and drained) pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, pecans, cashews or a combination
- 1 cup good quality fresh cold pressed olive oil
- juice of 3 lemons
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar or to taste
- 2 apples, washed, cored, chopped in large chunks
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup water as needed if the mixture is too thick
- 1 1/2 – 3 tsp. Real Salt or Himalayan crystal or other healthy salt, to taste
- 2 Tbs. to 1/4 cup herbs of your choice–I like Herbes de Provence or Italian herbs, or fresh garden thyme and rosemary. You don’t need to use as much when the herbs are fresh and aromatic. OR
- 2-3 cloves peeled garlic (this can be in addition to Italian herbs) OR
- 2 inches washed fresh ginger root OR
- Green Goddess: 1/2 to 1 bunch fresh parsley, or green onions, or a smaller amount of fresh mint or other garden herbs. Many people like liberal amounts of garlic added to this. OR
- Orange-Tahini-Miso Dressing: Use 1 1/2 cups very slightly sprouted sesame seeds, use more lemon, leave out the cider vinegar, add 1/4- 1/2 cup miso, decrease the salt, and use one or two fresh oranges, seeded, instead of the apples. You may add ginger to this combo as well. OR
- Coleslaw Dressing: Sprout 1-2 Tbs. caraway seeds and celery seeds, or add unsprouted seeds to blender jar with a little water to break down seed coats before adding rest of the ingredients. To make it slightly sweeter, you might add a little agave to taste.
Put soaked or sprouted seeds or nuts in Vitamix blender jar. Add olive oil and lemon juice, and blend lightly. Add the rest of the ingredients, including the seasoning variations of your choice and blend until smooth. Add water as needed to thin the dressing and keep the Vitamix motor from burning up. Keep refrigerated. Serves best with a ladle.
Makes about 5 cups.