Would you like to be part of research?
I submitted case reports to the Massage Therapy Foundation 2013 and 2014 Practitioner Case Report Contests. Both times, I won Honorable Mention: Mind-Body and Body-Based Treatments for Parkinson’s Disease, and Contralateral Treatment for Disabling Shoulder Pain.
The 2016 International Massage Therapy Research Conference accepted a third abstract for a poster presentation, “Chronic Ankle Instability (CAI)”. Additionally, IMTRC accepted the abstract for an oral presentation on the Parkinson’s case report. The American Massage Therapy Association 2016 Convention in Milwaukee WI accepted all three case report posters. You can see the ankle poster here. All three reports’ abstracts are here: International Journal of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
Current research interests:
I am currently doing case study series on:
- ligament injuries;
- sprained ankles or chronic ankle instability;
- severe chronic one-sided pain.
I might also start a case study series on recovery from concussion/whiplash injuries.
Single case research
If you have a condition I didn’t mention above, I could also do a one-person case study. This means either the condition, methods or treatments are unique or unusual.
Patient-centered care and research design
What does this mean? Patient-centeredness has to do with empowering people. It also has to do with your creative participation. You and I together create the treatment plan, to meet your goals for healing. I also contribute the most current relevant research I can find for your condition.
Questions about participating in research:
- Privacy/Confidentiality, Ethics? Your privacy is always protected. Your personally identifying information is never published. These policies are in line with research ethical standards.
- Compensation? Sorry! There is no compensation to you. Just so you know, I also have no outside funding support! But your participation may help someone else to heal. Because if I publish it, it will contribute to the body of knowledge of your condition.
- Case Study Series: I combine data from your experience with that of others.
- Consent: I will give you a consent form you may examine before you sign. Although, you may withdraw from participation at any time. This means that your consent is always voluntary. It is not in relation to the services I provide. Consequently, you will always receive the best care I can give.
If you know someone else who is interested in research, please let me know. Or, if you are a massage therapist, massage therapy student, or Ortho-Bionomist and want to learn case report writing, I am happy to share some great resources.
How to contact me
Please feel free to contact me by phone, 503-708-2911, or email from the contact form on this website.